The following requirements must be met in order to use your Drone to fly with DroneBase:
UPDATE: Due to client requests and issues stemming from assets submitted with non-DJI drones, we now require all pilots to fly with DJI brand drones during client missions. EXCEPT for fixed-wing drones where other drone brands are still acceptable.
- Must own and operate a DJI Mavic Pro, Phantom 4 Pro or an equivalent/better drone
- Must be able to take geo-referenced, 12MP images that have accurate latitude/longitude and altitude recordings
- US Pilots are required to register your drone for commercial purposes if above 0.55 lbs
- If international, please follow your respective regulations
- Drone’s camera must be able to take at a minimum 12MP images and 2.7k video or higher
- 4k is Preferred
- No fish-eye distortion
- Gimbal must be set + level so as to prevent slants
- If you have a hand-held camera, DSLR quality is also preferred (15MP and up)
- At a minimum, you should carry 3-4 batteries per drone
(Note: The Mavic Air, Mavic Mini, and the Spark are NOT approved for client missions. We will update this page if/when that changes.)
Ground photos are requested on occasion and so flight times will vary depending on scope of a mission.