The following requirements must be met in order to use your Drone to fly with DroneBase:
UPDATE: Due to client requests and issues stemming from assets submitted with non-DJI drones, we now require all pilots to fly with DJI brand drones during client missions. EXCEPT for fixed-wing drones where other drone brands are still acceptable.
- Must operate at minimum a 12 MP DJI Drone/Sensor.
- 20 MP Preferred (Some customers only allow 20 MP - very few allow 12 MP).
- Requirements vary between missions - please review mission-specific details.
- Mavic Air, Mini, Mini 2, and Spark are not approved for client missions.
- Mavic Air 2/2S and Mavic 3 are approved for missions that don't require an automated flight.
- US Pilots are required to register their drone for commercial purposes if above 0.55 lbs
- If international, please follow your respective regulations
- No fish-eye distortion
- Gimbal must be set + level so as to prevent slants
- If your mission requires the use of a handheld camera;
- If a DSLR is allowed or required, must be 15 MP and up.
- If an iPhone is allowed or required, must be 6 & up. Location services must be turned on - each image must have unique GPS metadata.
- At a minimum, you should carry 3-4 batteries per drone.
- Optional; Portable battery charger.
- We will update this page when requirements change.
- Ground photos are requested on occasion and so flight times will vary depending on the scope of the mission.