Here are the answers to the most common questions that pilots ask:
What fields need to be filled out on my profile to be considered for insurance missions?
- Contact Info (Name, Email & Phone)
- System(s) (Drone systems owned, ex. DJI Phantom 4 Pro)
- Travel Distance (Wider range has increased for more jobs)
- License # (Part 107) Not a drone registration serial, actual License UAS license acquired from a Knowledge Testing Center. Check this link on how to become a pilot from the FAA.
What devices are approved for insurance missions?
Required Drone Systems. MUST be a DJI brand drone ONLY, it also must have 20-megapixel capabilities.
- DJI Phantom 4 Pro V2
- DJI Phantom 4 RTK
- DJI Phantom 4 Pro
- DJI Inspire 2 w/ 20 MP Camera
- DJI Mavic Pro 2 Pro
Approved Ground Devices (All devices MUST have cell service to record GPS):
- iPhone 6 or above iPhones with iOS 10+
- iPad Pro
- iPad Air 2
- iPad mini with iOS 9.3 and above
- Android Phones with the Open Camera App installed
Any Android device used to capture images for Eagleview must have the Open Camera app installed for use while onsite. Make sure that everything in the location settings are enabled and that the stamps (time/date/gps) are set to NONE in the photo settings.
How much do insurance missions pay?
$70 per mission. There may occasionally be missions that pay more than that. However, the vast majority of the missions follow that pay scale.