Often, our clients send us an outline of exactly what they want us to fly for orthomosaic flights. Rather than attempting to recreate that outline by hand, you can make use of an excellent feature of DroneDeploy which allows the importing of KMLs to create flight plans. Here are step by step instructions on how to do that.
1) Download the KML from the mission page in your pilot dashboard.
2) Login to your Dronedeploy account. If you haven’t already, download KML and SHP Import from the app marketplace.
3) On your DroneDeploy dashboard, create a new project.
4) Search for the address of the site you are flying and click Create project here.
5) Name the project then click Import KML or SHP
6) Select the KML from where you saved it
7) Adjust settings as needed (altitude in normal settings) In advanced settings (speed/overlap/exposure/etc.)
(Toggle structures mode on if you have been told to do so in the mission instructions)
Your flight is all set up and ready to be flown when you get on-site. Don’t forget to do your preflight checks and adjust altitude/flight plan if necessary to avoid obstructions. Make sure to inform our ops team if any changes are necessary so we can review and update the client.